Wednesday, December 23, 2009

D.I.N

What is "DIN", DIN mean do it neoself.. This is something create by my girl friend so i decided to use it as my post title this time since it is quite interesting. What have i done myself???

Err...

I had prepare a birthday celebration for my dear all by my own. Present and food were mostly handmade.. I have planned for this long long time ago.. I wish to give her some surprise which i think it is hard to achieve when we started our working life as we are very busy with work everyday where we dun have much time for ourselves.

I have spent about 2 day for the celebration's preparation. I started of with buying all the tools and ingredient which is needed for present and also the food. Then i started of by making a gift box which use to put in the dress that i choose for her that going to wear in her brother wedding. I have no experience at all on doing this but luckily i manage to finish it off nicely although there is some slightly defect which is not visible..

"On the process of making the box"


"Complete Product - hope she like it, i spend about 4 hour for it"


After that i do some bookmark which i use it as the decoration for the birthday / Christmas card for her. Here are my product.

"Front of the bookmark"

"Back of the bookmark"


Then on the second day i started of with making "tong yuen" which is one of my dear favorite dessert and she miss the home. So i try to make some as to full fill part of her thirst of missing home. The "tong yuen" was average. Not flavorful enough and also not colourful enough. But at least not too bad and she said got some similarity to her home taste. Hehe.



Then the most scary part is here - Cooking. Although this is not the 1st time i cook but i know i cant do mistake this time cause it is for so important day. I start of with the mashed potato. It was not a hard dish, just that i don have the blended machine so everything have to by hand and the silly part is how to control the taste. Luckily, everything go fine with the comment better than KFC mashed potato. Haha.. What a compliment..



After the mashed potato, it come to main dishes, aglio pasta with mushroom pork chop. I had try to cook this once before which is not so successful, i learn this form my brother (i mean the pasta). But this time the taste were turn superb, i never taught that i can cook up to this standard (my own taste only but it might not turn out the same to you). The pork chop was average as i don have the hammer for make the meat to be soft, i just the knife, so it is slightly hard. But still at an acceptable level.

"The main dish"


"My hardwork turn out to be like this"



Also i have buy her a small cake - chocolate durian by "A slice form Heaven" which taste extremely good. (Also my own review)


It was really a great experience for me. I never taught that i have such a talent on preparing food and making some handicraft. But i can tell that i really dun have such talent, just that my heart bring the way. I believe that love is really powerful, it can drive people crazy but it also bring people power, enjoy the love and utilise the power.




Also wishing everyone have a great and blessing Christmas. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

3 comments:

  1. Nice... good effort there... can u be my boyfren...? lolzz...

    ReplyDelete
  2. cant wait to try ur pasta then ..haha..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Siang, i cant imagine if i'm ur boy friend o.. cause i'm not gay.. Hehe..

    Lee Wen, i'm not sure can still produce the same as the portion is much more bigger..

    ReplyDelete